a. Personal Data Collected:
When you use our products and services – When you purchase or have access to our products and services, we will collect your Log-in Credentials. We may also use Log-in Credentials to let you know about any updates or changes to our products and services and/or to send you marketing communications about our products or services provided by us or our group companies.
When you interact with us – When you fill in a form on our websites: (i) register for a webinar, (ii) to receive whitepapers or similar educational materials, or (iii) when you seek help with technical issues, we collect the information you include in those forms. We may also use this data to let you know about any updates or changes to our products and services and/or to send you marketing communications about our products or services provided by us or our group companies.
Job applicants- If you apply for a job with us, whether through our Website or otherwise, we will collect and process your Personal Data in connection with your application.
Information we collect from third parties – From time to time, we may acquire data from public websites or social media.
b. The personal data we collect may consist of the following:
Personal identifiers, e.g., name, username, e-mail address, phone number, etc.
Contact information, e.g., e-mail, phone, etc.
Demographic information, e.g., location, etc.
Authentication data, e.g., password, etc.
Professional information, e.g., publications, employer, location, licensure, credentials, work history, education history, specialties, expertise, availability, etc.
Indirect identifiers, e.g., cookies, IP address, computer device information, etc.
Knowledge, belief & preference data, e.g., thoughts, concerns, preferences, feedback, opinions and other information provided through surveys, interviews, etc.
Usage data, e.g., information about your use of our services, such as date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at one of our websites, etc.
Commercial information, e.g., purchase history, subscription information, transaction details, information about sanctions and restrictions, etc.
c. Generally, we will process your personal data because:
It is necessary to perform contractual obligations to you, e.g., if you have a contract with us, we process your personal data to perform that contract (i.e., provide you with services or payment).
It is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party. Further details of those legitimate interests are set out below.
You have given us your consent. We only ask for consent in limited circumstances, e.g., for certain types of marketing communications in particular jurisdictions or for certain research related activities.
It is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator.
d. Purpose for processing your personal data:
This section sets out the purposes for which we may use your personal data. Your relationship with Gridlogics will determine which of the purposes listed in this section apply to you.
Our legitimate interests in processing your personal data are mainly customer and product administration, provision, improvement and development of our services, protection of legal rights and marketing. More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set out below.
- Customer and product administration – Provide you with our services and information that you or the sponsoring organization requested or for which you have expressed an interest, or that you access through our services.
Create product accounts
Provide user and technical support
Enforce our terms of business
Manage customer information across Gridlogics websites and services
Contact you about renewal of your subscriptions
Perform other related administrative tasks.
- Product development and personalization – Deliver personalized functionality and content in our services, for instance we may retain your browsing and usage information to make your searches within our services more relevant
Analyze product usage information to understand which content and tools are most useful for our users and to allow us to deliver and suggest tailored content, features and other Gridlogics services that we believe may interest you.
Use information collected on our services, usually in aggregated form, to analyze the functionalities we offer and to improve the design and content of our services (including sharing your personal data across our group which allows us to make all our services more user-friendly).
- Marketing and events – Administer events we host or attend (e.g., conferences, webinars, etc.)
Send you marketing messages for services that may interest you.
Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our websites and services and on third-party websites. We do not disclose your contact information to third parties for their own marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in accordance with applicable laws.
You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time – all Gridlogics marketing e-mails contain an “unsubscribe” or “manage my preferences” link. If you have questions regarding our use of your information for marketing purposes, please contact the Gridlogics Marketing Team.
e. Who will access your personal data
Your personal data will, depending on the purposes of processing, be disclosed to different individuals and organizations, including:
- Employees and contractors of Gridlogics whose roles require access to your data. Our personnel are bound to confidentiality terms which cover their obligations to protect personal data.
- The account administrator(s) or the organization providing you access to our services, in the case of corporate subscriptions.
- Service providers who process personal data on our behalf (“processors”); for example, Cloud computing providers and web analytics services like Google Analytics and credit card payment processors. Such vendors are contractually bound to protect your data to the same standard as set out in this Notice and, in the case of credit card payment processors, to meet the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Professional advisors such as legal counsel and information security professionals where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and our services.
- Government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities where we have a duty to disclose your personal data by law.
- Subscribers & Members. If your personal data is collected from public sources for inclusion in our product databases and any personal data you choose to provide to us for display in our services (for example, in profiles and when using online forums), your personal data may be accessed by users of our services. Additionally, if you or your organization registers for one of our services/products, we may make information about you (including contact and institutional information) available to other members through online and offline services.
- Other third parties you have asked us to share information with or where you have provided us your consent, e.g., if you upload information into a public platform or forum that is publicly accessible, certain research related disclosures to sponsors of the research project.
f. How do we secure your data
Gridlogics maintains appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal data from accidental loss and unauthorized access or use. However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will never occur.