Patent Landscape Report on
Competitive landscape focusing on active players in the industry, patent filing trends, strategic imperatives, qualitative analysis and more
Rehabilitation helps a person to be independent in everyday activities and enables participation in education, work, recreation and other life roles. It helps in regaining independence to carry out your activities. Rehabilitation addresses the underlying conditions (pain) and improves the way an individual functions in day-to-day life, supporting them to overcome difficulties with thinking, seeing, hearing, communicating, eating or moving around.
Several home-based rehabilitation devices have recently been developed. These devices can be adjusted to be suitable for home-based rehabilitation therapy based on some technical evaluation of mechatronics, software, and control system.
Key questions answered in report:
- What are the filing trends in field of rehabilitation devices in last 15 years?
- What are the current technologies using in rehabilitation devices?
- How is the portfolio analysis of key companies for rehabilitation devices(Qualitative)?
- Which are the key patents?
- How is the innovation scene and market growth?
- Which application areas will drive the market?
Some of the major advances in rehabilitation devices include
- Wearable and sensing equipments for monitoring physical activities for personal well-being, exercise, sports and medical rehabilitation.
- Smart, portable technologies with real time tracking system to monitor physical activities.
- Prosthetic rehabilitation that aids an amputee in gaining independence with highest level possible.
Data for last 15 years was considered. The filing trend was found to be quite dynamic with rise and fall after 2014. Highest number of filings (378) were in 2019. Highest number of granted patents were observed in the year 2019 (363)
Research Activity around the World
The map provides an indication of where the innovation in this area is originating from. USA is the leading country in this field with 2668 families followed by Japan and Korea.
Assignee Innovation Timeline
The chart above shows the top 10 assignees for rehabilitation devices in the last 15 years.
The chart shows the top companies (sorted by Portfolio Value Index). Companies like Toyota are the leaders in this field but companies like Sunrise Medical, Ossur HF, Invacare also have strong portfolios and can be strong competitors
Table of Content
- Filing Trends for Rehabilitation Devices
Pace of Innovation
Trends for Various Rehabilitation Devices Over the Last 15 Years
Prominent Inventor Countries
Patent Filing Trends
- Research Landscape for Rehabilitation Devices
Research Activity Across the World
Top Four Priority Countries
Top Research Areas by CPC Classification
Prominent Technical categories
Companies vs. Technical Segmentation
Companies vs. Device Segmentation
Companies vs. Body Part Segmentation
Technology vs. Device Segmentation
- Company Trends for Rehabilitation Devices (Quantitative)
Company Innovation Timeline
Inventor Group of Top Applicants for Rehabilitation Devices
- Portfolio Analysis – Key Companies for Rehabilitation Devices (Qualitative)
Most Valuable Portfolios
Top Companies (Toyota, Invacare, Ossur HF)
Top Companies (Leaders, Challengers and Visionaries)
Companies and their Market Potential
- Other Insights
Records with Maximum Forward Citations
Records With Maximum Non-Patent Literature References Cited
Industry Wise Key Statistics Report (Rehabilitation Devices)
Citation Analysis US6228089B1
Notable Mergers and Acquisitions